Our community courses are designed to empower individuals, by developing skills, building confidence and improving self-esteem.
What does our service involve?
- Our popular community courses bring learning to the doorstep of the community.
- Our courses are there to help build strong communities and enable individuals to improve their relationships and develop their core life skills.
- Our courses are constantly evolving and adapting to meet the needs of the communities we serve.
What topics do our courses cover?
- We currently run a series of regular courses, usually in small group settings. These courses, include:
- #INTHEKNOW – Upskilling parents and carers on signs of child criminal exploitation (CCE), sexual exploitation (CSE), internet safety and lots more.
- #INTHEKNOW for Juniors (11+) – A prevention and awareness course to guard against criminal exploitation (CCE), sexual exploitation (CSE) and provide guidance on internet safety.
- The 3Es to Well-Being – This course helps our clients to work towards positive well-being and covers the relationship between physical well-being and mental well-being, negative behaviours, substance misuse and how to build positive social networks.
- Good Tenancy Course – Clients will understand what is expected of them as a tenant, including how to be a good neighbour, managing their finances, basic health and safety and being aware of their responsibilities and the Landlords responsibilities.
- Budgeting and Money Smart Course – This course explores emotional relationships with money. Individuals learn some simple tips and strategies for controlling their spending and getting their budgets to balance and think through issues of debt and the wise use of credit. Explore some attitudes and principles around money that will contribute to improved mental wellbeing putting in place practical methods of managing spending day by day.
- COMING SOON Baby Father – A parenting course aimed at fathers.
How do we deliver our Community Courses?
- All community courses can include: Women or men-only groups, mixed gender. Basically, we can tailor our courses to suit the needs of the client and the community they’re in.
- Our community courses can run as a one-off event or over six sessions.
Access our service:
Our community courses are open to anyone. Contact us for the latest course dates and availability. Just talk to our team today and find out what support we have available.