We have a proven track record of supporting the long-term unemployed, including those with a history of offending, back into gainful employment.
Our employment, education and training service strives to remove the barriers that prevent people from entering or progressing within the workforce. We also help engage individuals with further education or learning to help better their career opportunities.
What does our service involve?
- Our service arms our clients with the support and resources necessary to secure and maintain stable employment, regardless of their background and/or current employment status.
- Many of our clients have sporadic or non-existent work histories and feel hopeless when it comes to finding and obtaining a job. We aren’t just about placing someone into employment, we’re about providing holistic support and tackling underlying issues, such as housing and money management.
- Our dedicated team of employment support workers deliver essential skills and support to support our service users.
How do we deliver our Intensive Support Service?
- We provide both group and 1:1 sessions
- We have a dedicated team of experienced employment support workers
- We tackle key areas of employability, such as:
- Accessing Training and Education
- Developing self-confidence and self-belief
- Gaining Work Experience
- Benefit assessments and childcare support
- Cashflow and financial assessment
- Job searching – helping find an appropriate position
- Job Applications and CV writing skills
- Interview techniques – how to get your foot in the door
- Workplace skills – i.e. workplace clothing and attitude
- Staying in employment – developing resilience
- Successful projects ran by Browns, include:
- 4Es to employment project – Offers support around seeking employment.
- 4Es offender project – Supports all offenders and ex-offenders, including those with high-risk offences, on the pathway to employment.
What are the outcomes of using our service?
- Supporting individuals from all walks of life back into gainful employment, helping them to overcome the obstacles in their way.
- Building self-confidence and resilience that in-turn enables individuals to reach for higher job opportunities and increased educational goals.
“I think this is an amazing service and more supportive than other programmes as Browns look at the fuller picture and supports to address any barriers the client is facing.” – JCP Work Coach
Access our service:
The referral criteria are simply that the service user must need support with improving their employment opportunities. Our clients are often classed as difficult to engage with and may have had difficulty accessing services in the past. Just talk to our team today and find out how we can help.